Kerala - How to Obtain a Learner's Driving Licence
A Driving Licence is an official document certifying that the holder is suitably qualified to drive a motor vehicle. In India there are two kinds of driving licences are issued: Learner’s Licence and Permanent Licence.A Learner’s Licence is essential for obtaining a Permanent Licence.
- The eligibility for obtaining a Learner’s Licence for a private motor vehicle without any gear(50 cc ), is 16 years (if the applicant’s parents or guardians give their consent).
- No person shall be granted a learner’s licence to drive a medium or heavy goods vehicle or passenger vehicle unless he has held a driving licence valid for a light motor vehicle (LMV) for at least one year.
Ads by Google
- Concerned Department
Driving Licences are being issued by Motor Vehicles Department through its 17 Regional and 42 Sub Regional Transport Offices.
The forms can be downloaded from the following link : http://www.keralamvd.gov.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
For obtaining a Learner’s Licence, you will need to apply in the prescribed format to the Local Transport Office in your region, along with your passport-sized photographs, proof of your age and residence, declaration of medical fitness and the required fee. After verification of your documents, you will have to go through the Learner’s Test. Usually a handbook of traffic rules, signs and regulations is provided with the application form. On passing the Learner’s Test, you will be issued a Learner’s Licence. If you fail the test, you will be given a chance to take the test again by paying a fee of Rs.30/-.
Ads by Google
- Fee receipts
- Three passport size photographs.
- Attested copy of proof of residence
- Proof of age and proof of citizenship (Passport, LIC policy, School Leaving Certificate, Employee certificate issued from Government / Quasi-Government institutions, Election ID card, Affidavit attested by Notary Public, Executive Magistrate, First Class Judicial Magistrate, Age proof certificate issued by a registered Medical Practioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon, Residence proof and Proof of Legal Presence in case of Foreigners)
- Fee for each class of learner’s license : Rs. 30
- Service Charge : Rs 50
The fees can be paid at the concerned Regional/Sub Regional Transport office in cash
Learner’s Licence is valid only for six months.
Forms to Download and Use : Forms
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
After completion of Learner's test, the Licence will be issued on the same day or within a weeks time.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
A Learner’s Licence is essential for obtaining a Permanent Licence.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.