Hong Kong - Apply for Closed Road Permit for Cross Boundary Vehicles
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You must, first of all, obtain the application forms which are obtainable on the Internet.
Application for New Issue of Closed Road Permit for Cross Boundary Vehicles. Download form and "Notes for Attention": http://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/common/tdforms/td547d%20%282013.05%29.pdf
Application for Closed Road Permit for Cross- boundary Vehicles - Renewal/Change of Vehicle/ Duplicate/ Change in Driver Particulars. Download form and "Notes for Attention": http://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/common/tdforms/td547%282011.12%29.pdf
- You can also obtain the application forms from the Cross Boundary Unit or any of the Licensing Offices of our Department.
- After you have completed the application form, forward it together with the required supporting documents to the Cross Boundary Unit of our Department for processing.
- For renewal of Closed Road Permit and application for replacement of vehicle, the permit will normally be issued on the same day of application if the application form and all the supporting documents are in order and the application is submitted before 4:45 PM.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Hong Kong Licensing Office, 3/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Hong Kong. (near Exit D of Admiralty MTR Station) Location Map Link to GeoInfo Map
- Kowloon Licensing Office, 2/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon. (near Exit C of Sham Shui Po MTR Station) Location Map Link to GeoInfo Map
- Kwun Tong Licensing Office, 5/F, Kowloon East Government Office, 12 Lei Yue Mun Road, Kowloon. (near Exit D4 of Kwun Tong MTR Station) Location Map Link to GeoInfo Map
- Sha Tin Licensing Office, 2/F, Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin, New Territories. (near Exit B of Sha Tin MTR Station) Location Map Link to GeoInfo Map
The service hours of the four Licensing Offices are as follows:
- Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (open during lunch hours)
- The Offices will be closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.
- Have a valid Approval Notice issued by the Vehicle Control Office of the Guangdong Pubic Security Bureau ("Mainland Approval Notice").
Closed Road Permit (Cross Boundary):
- private car - HK$540
- goods vehicle - HK$456
- bus - HK$456
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Use the right application form. Before completing it, read the notes on the application form carefully.
- Remember to sign on the form and stamp the company chop if the applicant is a company.
- Ensure that your application form is accompanied by all the necessary supporting documents.
- All cross-boundary drivers must hold a valid Mainland driving licence in order to drive in the Mainland. Hong Kong residents applying for Direct Issue of Mainland driving licence may refer to the following link - Reference Information on Application for Direct Issue of Mainland Driving Licence for Hong Kong Residents holding valid Hong Kong driving licence (Provided by the Guangdong Public Security Bureau: http://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/common/tdforms/reference%20info%20application%20for%20direct%20issue%20cbu%20%2809.2012%29.pdf).
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This page gives information on how to apply for closed road permit for cross boundary vehicles in Hong Kong.
Information which might help
- For details of the application procedures for Mainland Approval Notice, please contact the Public Security Bureau of the Guangdong Province (Telephone No: 0018620-83111536).
- After obtaining the "Mainland Approval Notice", you can apply in person for Closed Road Permit for Boundary Crossing Vehicles at the Cross Boundary Unit of the Transport Department. The address is Room 1032, 10/F, Harbour Building , 38 Pier Road , Central, Hong Kong . You can also submit the application by post.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
How to apply for Closed Road Permit for Cross-boundary Vehicles: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/licences_and_permits/vehicle_and_driving_licences/how_to_apply_for_closed_road_permit_for_boundary/index.html
Transport Department Fees and Charges: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/fees_and_charges/index.html
Driving License Forms: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_forms/td_forms/driving_licence/index.html
Office Locations: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/licences_and_permits/vehicle_and_driving_licences/licensing_offices/index.html
More information which might help people.