Guyana - Obtain a Birth Certificate
A birth certificate is a vital record that documents the birth of a child. The term "birth certificate" can refer to either the original document certifying the circumstances of the birth or to a certified copy of or representation of the ensuing registration of that birth.
Following are procedures on how to obtain a birth certificate.
You must be registered to be able to obtain a Birth Certificate.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Purchase a Birth Certificate form from any Post Office.
- Fill in the application form and submit it to the Post Office Clerk.
- Pay the processing fee of G$300.
- The Birth Certificate will then be posted to you. In case you have a query or have not yet received your certificate, please enquire at the General Register Office, Anna Regina or New Amsterdam.
- For any correction on the Birth Certificate, please return the certificate to the General Register Office in Georgetown, New Amsterdam or Anna Regina where correction will be done.
For those applying for a Birth Certificate independently from abroad:
- Complete the Birth Certificate Application form
- Submit the form along with an International Postal Money Order valued at $5USD or 2£ to the General Register Office in Guyana.
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Processing fee: G$300 (per copy)
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
General Register Office
Georgetown Guyana Map
Tel: (592) 226-1291
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- General Register Office, Republic of Guyana:
More information which might help people.