Finland - Register Change of Address with Local Register Office
As stated under Finnish legislation, residents are required to submit a notification of move after transferring permanently into a new home or if they are temporarily staying in another address for a period longer than three months.
This procedure provides you information on how you can register your new address with your local register office.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Notification of Move can be submitted at the earliest one month in advance. You must make sure that the notification will be received by the local register office at least a week after your you have moved.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- The easiest way to submit your notification of move is to use the online service which is available 24 hours. You can make an online notification using Internet Bank access codes, an ID card or Posti username - Link.
- Have your online bank codes ready before you begin your transaction which you will need to verify your identity in the first session.
- Select your online bank in the menu and simply follow the instructions on screen.
Post Office & Local Register Office:
You can also submit your notification of move by completing a form which you can pick up at post office or local register office.
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
- After submitting notification of move, your details will be updated simultaneously on the Population Information System maintained by the local register offices.
- Your address details will also be automatically forwarded from the Population Information System to public authorities including your local parish, Finnish Transport Safety Agency's vehicle and driving licence register, the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (KELA), the Tax Administration and the Finnish Defence Forces. In addition, many pension institutions, banks, insurance companies, associations and other organisations, publishing houses and businesses receive information about changes of address directly from the Population Information System.
- Posti will also be notified that you have moved to a different address.
- Up-to-date address information will speed up handling of matters at your home municipality, your taxes will be directed to the correct municipality and at elections you can vote at the nearest voting location.
More information which might help people.