Ethiopia - Apply for Laissez-Passer
The laissez-passer is a large white single sheet of paper folded in half Issued for children under the age of five years in Ethiopia. Laissez-passer is issued to an Ethiopian who is not holding a passport and going back to Ethiopia remains valid up to six months. Laissez-passer is also document that, under an agreement between Ethiopian , allows Children under the age of five years passport-free travel to other countries. The Safe Conduct is valid for 2 years and is granted only by the Office of immigration in Ethiopia.
It can be requested by any Ethiopian parent citizens who have permanent residence in the country.
Ads by Google
- All Laissez Passer and Border Crossing Passes shall be issued pursuant to provisions of Article III.
- Applicants need not apply in person.
- This document is for a single journey to Ethiopia and the bearer is required to obtain a valid passport when is in Ethiopia through the Passport Office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ethiopia.
- Full name
- Place and Date of birth
- Valid identity proof
- Present Address
- Telephone number
- Maiden names for married women
- Husband’s full name in case of married women
- Date and place of marriage
- Emergency contact person.
- Applicants must go to the Consulate who has jurisdiction in the area.
- Fill in the application form and submit along with all other required documents to the Consulate.
- Apply for the Laissez passer pass
- The Consulate will send your request to Ethiopia for approval by the General Directorate of Immigration.
- Submit the required documents and cancel the value of the document.
Ads by Google
- A duly completed application form;
- A proof of an Ethiopian citizenship (e.g. original birth certificate);
- Two current picture size 3x4 cm and
- Laissez-passer fee: $73.00 CAD
- Permanent Resident card.
- A self addressed Express Prepaid return envelope must be attached when an application is submitted by mail.
- All fees should be paid by money order or certified check made payable to the Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. Please make sure that the fee is exact amount in required currency.
- For children
- Parent Identity card
- Photocopy of valid identity card on both sides. In case of a minor must present a birth certificate.
- 2 colored photos, passport size.
- Consular stamps.
- national identity card (valid and in good condition)
- Paying rights
- Certificate of validity of the permanent residence granted by immigration
Application forms are available free of charge from the Embassy
Laissez-passer processing fees: $73.00 CAD
The validity depends on the travel plans, but never exceeds two years or the child's fifth birthday.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing is for one week.
- 1.Go to any embassy, consulate office or high commission of Ethiopia in your country of origin.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
PO Box 393, Addis
Tel: 00251115517345, 514300
- The Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ottawa
1501-275 Slater Street. Ottawa, ON,
Canada K1P 5H9
Tel: (613) 565 6637,
Fax: (613) 565 9175
Web site: http://www.ethioembassycanada.org
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Embassy)
P.O. Box 1014
Tel: 251-1-174000, 251-1-550660
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA),
Kazanchis, Kirkos Kifle Ketema, Kebele 18
Tel: +251 115 537971
- You can visit the following link for various embassies
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.