Cyprus - Apply or Re-issue of Refugee Identity Card
Following are procedures on how to apply for or request for the re-issuance of the refuge identity card.
The Refugee Identity Card is issued to the following displaced individuals:
- Persons who before and until the invasion had their usual residence in any Turkish - occupied area
- Those who before and until the invasion had their permanent residence in the free areas because of their profession but their house and/or their property in general was in the occupied areas
- Those who before and until the invasion had their temporary residence abroad due to an obligation which emanated from a permanent appointment or an appointment on contract offered them while they resided in Cyprus and provided they were not emigrants.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Fill in the application form
- Submit form along with all the required documents.
Ads by Google
For New Application
- Completed application form
- Marriage/Engagement to Marry Certificate/a newspaper notice about a promise to marry.
- Birth Certificate
- Parents’ Refugee Identity Cards
- Parents’ Number of Identity Cards.
For re-issue/replacement of Refugee Identity Card which has a check seal with the date January 1, 1983:
- A completed relevant application form
- Numbers of the Identity Cards of all the members of the family
- Birth Certificates of children.
When the displaced person who is already holder of a refugee Identity Card has more children after the issue of his Refugee Identity Card, he can submit an application for inclusion of the names of the children in the Refugee Identity Card.
Issuance and replacement of the Refugee Identity Cards as well as the Certificate of Displaced Family are free of charge.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Civil Registry and Migration Department
Tel: 22804400, 22804511, 22804425
Other CRMD Numbers
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Issuance/ Replacement of Refugee Identity Card:
More information which might help people.