Cyprus - Apply for Biometric Passport
A Biometric Passport is an electronic document where the holder's biometric data is stored, as indicated by the name.
It is being issued by the Republic of Cyprus since December 13, 2010 under Regulation (EC) No 2252/2004 of 13 December 2004 on standards for security features and biometrics in passports and travel documents issued by Member States and under international standards as set by the ICAO (international Civil Aviation Organization).
All Cypriot citizens are eligible for a Cyprus Passport.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Fill up the application form
- Within the framework of decentralization implemented by the Ministry of Interior, applications are submitted at the local District Administration authorized specifically for this purpose and in the local Citizen Service Centers.
- Applications of Cypriots living abroad are submitted at the Embassies/Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad and then are forwarded to the Civil Registry and Migration Department where the passports are issued.
Ads by Google
- Application (Form M.9G/T)
- Birth Certificate (original)
- Marriage Certificate (for married women)
- Cypriot Citizenship Certificate (if the applicant has acquired the Cypriot Citizenship by registration or naturalization.
- One recent photograph (4X5 cm)
- Civil Identity Card
- Temporary Passport: € 20
- Passports without biometric data (for Embassies / Consulates that have not yet installed stations to capture biometric data): € 50
- Biometric passports: € 70
- Passport for a limited period (for minors): € 45
- Diplomatic Passport: €70
- Service Passport: € 70
- Passport to political refugees: € 90
- Passports with biometric data (fast version): € 120
Application fees are paid in cash
A Biometric Passport is valid for 10 years, both for adults and minors.
To download form just follow the link:
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Civil Registry and Migration Department
Other CRMD Numbers
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Civil Registry and Migration Department Website
More information which might help people.