Colombia - Register a Marriage
Following are the procedures on how to register a marriage. To register a marriage is the act of legalization of the existence of religious marriage (Catholic and other faiths), or civil.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Both parties must appear personally at the Civil Registry Office of the place of marriage.
- Request enrollment in the folio civil marriage record, providing the required documents and providing the requested information to the civil registrar of the place of marriage.
- Sign the registration and receive a copy of the Marriage Registry, the Office of Civil Registry of the place of marriage.
Ads by Google
- original Certificate of citizenship or alien complainant
- ecclesiastical Partida, accompanied by authentic certification of competence of the religious minister who officiated the Catholic marriage (Original)
- relevant religious Acta, attaching the authentic certification of competence of the religious minister who officiated the marriage, together with the internal public law agreement entered into by the church with the Colombian State for the celebration of marriages of other faiths (Original) *certified copy of Scripture probate judicial or administrative proceedings of civil marriage
- marriage certificate issued by the foreign official, and officially translated apostille if it has been issued in other than Castilian language. (Apostilled copy)
To register a marriage is free of charge.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
National Civil Registry
Avenida Calle 26 # 51-50 - CAN (Bogota - Colombia)
Switchboard: (571) 220 2880
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Colombian State Online:
- National Civil Registry:
More information which might help people.