Colombia - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
This procedure provides you information on how you can bring your pet dogs and cats to Colombia and how can you apply for a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet).
Colombia does not grant entry permits for dogs from the following breeds, (including crosses or hybrids): Staffordshire Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Pit Bull Terrier and American Pit Bull Terrier.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Importing your pets:
- Have your pet examined by a veterinarian: You will need to have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian. You will need to obtain an Animal health certificate (original and a copy) from your veterinarian within 48 hours of departure, which includes the animal’s name, breed, gender and age; and states that the animal did not show any clinical signs of infectious diseases.
- If you are outside Colombia: You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Colombian embassy in the country you are currently staying. The office may be able to provide you with information about pet passports or entry permits for pets.
- Before you make arrangements to transport your pet: Make sure that you have all the required documents, and got in touch with the authority responsible with the import/export of live animals in the country where your pet will be coming from and in Colombia. If you are thinking of flying in with your pet, you may also try and contact the airline company, they may be able to provide additional information about pet passports and how you can bring your pet abroad.
- Arrival in Colombia: You will need to present the health certificate together with the vaccination certificate upon your pet's arrival in Colombia. Once the documents have been checked and the animal has been inspected, the Colombian Agricultural Institute (ICA) will issue a Certificate of Sanitary Inspection (CIS), the price of which is established by the Institute.
Ads by Google
- Animal health certificate (original and a copy): issued by a veterinarian within 48 hours of departure, which includes the animal’s name, breed, gender and age; and states that the animal does not show any clinical signs of infectious disease
- Vaccination certificate (original and a copy): age-appropriate and up-to-date, for the following diseases: rabies – inactivated virus (when the animal comes from a country where the virus exists) and feline panleukopenia.
- Animal health certificate (original and a copy): issued by a veterinarian within 48 hours of departure, which includes the animal’s name, breed, gender and age; and states that the animal did not show any clinical signs of infectious diseases.
- Vaccination certificate (original and a copy): age-appropriate and up to date, for the following diseases: rabies – inactivated virus (when the animal comes from a country where the virus exists), distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, and parvovirus. For countries outside of the Andean Community, the certificate must also include vaccine records for parainfluenza and coronavirus.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Colombian Agricultural Institute (ICA)
Carrera 41 No. 17 – 43
BOGOTA – COLOMBIA
Phone (57 1) 3323700 / 2884800
Office hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.