Colombia - Correct Or Modify Birth, Marriage and Death Certificate
Corrections and modifications of Birth, Marriage and Death Certificate shall be made in order to adjust the registration of reality and not to alter the marital status.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Request for modification of Birth Certificate, Marriage or Death in person or by mail, at the Auxiliary registration offices, municipal or country houses, town halls, Villages, Inspections Police or Consulate in the respective country, where the registration took place.
- Collect documents required for filing at the registration offices in Auxiliary Municipal or country houses, town halls, Villages, Inspections Police or the respective Consulate of the country where the registration took place. When correction is judicially ordered, the judgment can be sent directly by the judicial authority, the officer who registered the Civil Registry.
- Receive the corrected Birth Certificate, Marriage or Death in the registration offices Auxiliary, Municipal or country houses, town halls, Villages, Inspections Police or Consulate in the respective country, where the entry was made.
Ads by Google
- original written request for an amended registration, by typing, spelling and those which are imposed document comparison history or just reading the sheet, addressed to the civil registrar *copy of Deed to amend a registration, for different errors to typing and spelling in which the grantor expressed the reasons for the correction and documents which it is based
- Deed or judicial decision ordering firm or required by law, the amendment of a registration, a change of marital status (Copy)
- (Original) Identity of parents or legal guardians, if it is a minor.
- Deed amendment of a registration to replace, modify, correct or add the name in order to establish personal identity and that adds or deletes husband's surname preceded by the preposition "of" in cases where the married woman has taken or has been established by law. (Copy)
There is no fee in obtaining a death certificate.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
National Civil Registry
Avenida Calle 26 # 51-50 - CAN (Bogota - Colombia)
Switchboard: (571) 220 2880
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Colombian State Online:
- National Civil Registry:
More information which might help people.