Chile - Register Disability
Chilean Law No. 20.422, establishes rules on equal opportunities and social inclusion of people with disabilities, Article 17 provides: "Once the Commission of Preventive Medicine and Disability certified the disability, the information must be sent to the Civil Registry and Identification, for entry in the Register".
Following are procedures on how to register a disability.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Head to a COMPIN office near you, they will be the one certifying the disability and send the information to the Civil Registry and Identification for registration.
- In the case of natural persons and legal entities providing services or acting in the field of disability, find the registration application form through the Civil Registry Website
Ads by Google
People with disabilities
- Being certified as having a disability by the COMPIN of your residence.
Natural person who provides support services or assistance
- Must be over 18 and resident of Chile, who will complete the registration application form available in the office , specifying the type of service they provide, and enclose the following documents:
- Copy of your identity card, presenting the original to the officer.
- Certificates or records evidencing the experience, competence and relevance in support or assistance service.
- Certificate of residence.
The background will be reviewed by the Service and the National Disability Service or other public entity with jurisdiction in the matter, to resolve whether any registration. If not applicable, the basis for the decision to the applicant will be informed to you.
Legal Entity acting in the field of disability
Complete the registration form online and enclose the following documents:
- A certified copy of its charter or articles of incorporation, and amendments thereto, if any, and the RUT of the legal person.
- Certificate of validity applicable, no older than sixty days from the date of submission.
- Copy of current legal representative power.
- Copy of the identity card of the legal representative of the institution.
- Copy of the identity card of the applicant of the registration-if not legal-representative, presenting the original to the officer of the Service.
The information submitted will be reviewed by the Service and the National Disability Service or other competent public entity to resolve whether any registration. If not applicable, the basis for the decision to the applicant will be informed to you.
- Registration certificate of disability: $ 540
- Duplicate log credential disability: $ 870
If you applied online, must add $ 201 for use of payment means Servipag.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Registro Civil e Identification
Contact Number: 600 370 2000 (can be accessed from anywhere in the country, through cellular phones and landlines, paying only the value of a local call)
For Calls Coming From Abroad: +56 2 26552101
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Registration of Disability:
More information which might help people.