Burundi - Applying for a Transit Visa
A transit visa in Burundi is issued to a traveler who intends to pass through immigration to another country. To obtain this visa, an applicant must go to any of the issuing agencies in any country (Embassies, high commissions or consulates of Burundi)
Applicant who intends to pass through Burundi to another country.
Ads by Google
1. Must have a valid passport;
2. A passport must have a valid period of six (6) months beyond period of staying the country;
3. Must have onward visa and tickets to a third destination;
4. Must leave the country within forty eight hours;
5. The visitor has a valid visa and is assured of entry into the destination country.
6. Must not sustain himself / herself in the Burundi;
7. Must meet health requirements;
8. Applicant should not for any reasons council journey in the country.
9. Must travel within the given period of time;
10. Always abide by the rules and regulation of the immigration department;
11. An applicant must have visa to a third destination;
12. Do not carry dangerous materials;
13. Must not involve in business;
14. Applicants transiting through the country on a direct airside do not need a visa
1. Name and address of applicant
2. Sex, age and marital status
4. Third country
5. Duration of stay in country
6. Particulars of spouse and dependants to travel with (if any)
7. Particulars of visa to a third country.
1.Like any other visa, applicants must start by finding out the requirements for obtaining a Burundian transit visa.
- This is done by visiting any nearby Burundi embassy, high commission or consulate office. The addresses of Burundi embassies, high commissions or consulate office can be obtained by visiting any of the following websites and clicking on the appropriate embassy link. Visit:- *http://burundian.visaapplicationrequirements.com/#burundian_visa_types,
- http://www.embassypages.com/burundi, http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-of/burundi, and
2.After finding out requirements and feels he / she meets them, an applicant proceeds by getting a visa application form.
- The forms can be obtained from any nearby diplomat office or can be obtained from the websites of these diplomatic offices. For more information about the diplomatic offices, an applicant must visit the links as mentioned in one (1) above.
3.Organize required documents not forgetting to process on ward visa and onward tickets to a third destination. Ensure that all documents are in French and for translated ones ensure that they are certified as true copies;
4.Make necessary payments (if any).
5.Attach all required documents to the application form including the payments slips and submit application to the immigration agency’s office (Burundi embassy, consulate office or high commission);
Ads by Google
1. Valid Passport
2. Two recent passport photographs
3. A copy of onward destination visas (if applicable)
4. Onward Air tickets and visa to a third country
5. International Certificate of Vaccination
6. Authorization letter from parents (in cases of minors)
7. Copies of identification documents of parents / guardians(in cases of minors)
Short stopover up to 48 hours – Forty (40) US$
Burundian Transit visa is valid up to three (3)to 5 days
Sample application form may be viewed at http://burundi.travisa.com/VisaInstructions.aspx?CitizenshipID=US&CountryID=BI&TravelerTypeID=TR&ResidenceID=US&PartnerID=TA
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Between two (2) to fifteen (15) days
Incomplete applications may take longer
Minister of External Relations and International Cooperation Mrs. Antoinette BATUMUBWIRA
Foreign ministers office:
Rue de etranger 65, Bujumbura, Burundi. BP 04
Tel: +257 7810 2020
Fax: + 257 7810 3030
1.Ministre des Relations Extérieures et de la Coopération Internationale
Avenue de la liberté, Bujumbura, Burundi
2.Burundi embassy, consulate office or high commission can be viewed at http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-of/burundi,
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
1.If you are passing through Burundi, it is advisable not to leave the immigration area and make sure you travel with the given period of time.
2.A transit visa does not authorize the holder to stay in the country
1. Foreigners are able to pass through the country;
2. Strengthens relationship between the three countries involved;
3. It helps foreigners pass through Ghana to other countries
4. It increases the country revenue as foreigners pass through the country.
More information which might help people.