Burundi - Applying for a Business Visa
Burundian business visa is issued for purposes of carrying out short term business in Burundi. This visa does not permit long term employment therefore if an applicant wishes to engage in long term employment, he / she must apply for a work visa. Burundi Visas are obtained from the Embassy or consulates of Burundi.
Burundian business visa is given to a person who wishes to enter the country for short term business activity
Ads by Google
1. An applicant must have a valid passport with a blank page;
2. Letters confirming hotel reservations in a hotel in Burundi must be printed on hotel letterhead and signed by a hotel agent;
3. Companies in Burundi must prepare invitation and business letters on letterheads;
4. A business letter must be signed by a senior manager;
5. A business letter must briefly introduce an applicant;
6. It is issued for Business trips;
7. A business visa is not applicable for trips that involve the provision of technical assistance services of any nature.
8. Applications must be submitted in form of two (2) copies;
9. A granted visa must be used within a period of two (2) months from the date of issuance.
10. Documents that are not in French must be translated and certified;
11. Do not submit false documents;
12. Always use designated entry to enter into Burundi;
13. Do not carry harmful / dangerous materials to the country;
14. Must be ready to comply with the laws of the country;
15. A business visa does not allow engaging in permanent employment
1.Full name of applicant
2.Sex, Age and marital status
4. Purpose of visit
5. Applicant’s employment status / position held in the company
6. Nature of the business to be conducted
7. Names and addresses of companies to be contacted in Burundi.
8. Arrival and departure dates
9. Period of stay in the country
10. Number and details of dependants your travelling with to Ghana
1.The process of obtaining a business visa is also similar to all other visa application process. An applicant must start by visiting any nearby authorized issuing agency in your home or nearby country to find out what is required to obtain the type of business visa required, i.e. rules and regulations;
2.Then applicant must assess eligibility, and if he / she is eligible, he / she proceeds with obtaining a visa application form for the issuing agency’s office. The form may also be downloaded to the agency’s website.
- The website may be obtained by visiting the following web pages
- http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-of/burundi and
- http://www.embassypages.com/burundi) and clicking on appropriate link for the nearby agency in home / nearby country.
3.When the applicant gets application form, he / she must fill it carefully and correctly and inserts date and signature.
4.Process all required documents, make translations where requires and make sure the translated copies are certified as true copies.
5.Then make all necessary payments and attach the required documents on to the completed application form (payment slips must also be attached); and
6.Submit application to the diplomatic office.
- USA residents can apply online by visiting http://burundi.visahq.com/#!burundi-business-visa and clicking on the prompt “apply online”. The prompt will lead to an application form at
- https://www.visahq.com/profiles.php where an applicant must fill all required fields and save information to continue to the next stage.
- When the applicant clicks save and continue, the system shall take him / her through the application process.
- The USA residents can also apply at https://www.visahq.com/profiles.php. On the page, an applicant must fill the form that appears under step A and then click on the prompt “order your visa online”.
- This will lead the him applicant to a form that he / she is supposed to fill. After filling, he she must submit the form and mail the documents listed in step B to the consulate office.
Ads by Google
1. Valid passport
2. Proof of availability of financial (a recent bank statement)
3. A round-trip ticket;
4. Two recent colored passport-sized photos
5. Invitation letter from the government / company
6. Hotel Reservations
7. Business Letter
8. Flight Itinerary
9. Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate
10. Two (2) passport-type photographs
11. Guarantee of sufficient funds for travel
- The fees for each business visa vary basing on where it is obtained for instance:-
- Business Single/Multiple entry visa valid for up to 90 days – $90
- Business Single/Multiple Emergency / Rush Visa valid for up to 90 days (to be issued within 24 to 48 hours) - $120
- USA Passport Holders
- Business Single and Multiple Entry Visas valid for thirty (30) days – ranges between $90 – $95
- Business Single and Multiple Entry Visas valid for up to sixty (60) days – ranges between $180 – $185
- Consular fees – ranges between $49 - $79
- Non-US Passport Holders
- Business Single and Multiple entries valid up to thirty (30) days – $40
- Business Single and Multiple entries valid up to sixty (60) days – $80
- Two (2) months
- If you have a diplomatic passport validity goes up to Three (3) months.
- Sample application form may be viewed at
- http://www.burundiembassydc-usa.org/pages/consulate.html, http://burundi.travisa.com/VisaInstructions.aspx?CitizenshipID=US&CountryID=BI&TravelerTypeID=BU&ResidenceID=US&PartnerID=TA and at http://burundi.visahq.com/#!burundi-business-visa
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Two (2) – fifteen (15) days
1.Burundi embassy, consulate office or high commission can be viewed at
2.Ministre des Relations Extérieures et de la Coopération Internationale
Avenue de la liberté, Bujumbura, Burundi
Minister of External Relations and International Cooperation Mrs. Antoinette BATUMUBWIRA
Foreign ministers office:
Rue de etranger 65, Bujumbura, Burundi. BP 04
Tel: +257 7810 2020
Fax: + 257 7810 3030
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
If you are from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda or Democratic Republic of Congo, you do not need a visa to Burundi but a valid passport.
1. Creation of job opportunities;
2. Introduction of new technology;
3. Raise in the country’s revenue as foreign businesses and employees are taxation
More information which might help people.