Burundi - Apply for Original Land Title
A Land Title is a legal document showing evidence of ownership of land. In Burundi Land Title are issued by the land Registry under Minister of Land Management, Environment and Tourism .
Anyone who owns original land can apply for a land titles.
Ads by Google
- Visit the land registry office at the ministry of urban development housing and construction or at any of their branch country wide
- Get the application forms and accurately fill them
- Make copies of all the necessary documents
- Submit application to the land office
- Full name
- Detail of land in question i.e. location ,plot and block numbers
- Detail of original owner
- Get the plot and the block number for the land in question.
- Perform an official search you will need a copy of the title deed of the land.
- Get the application form from the directorate of land registrar office at the Minister of Land Management, Environment and Tourism. or visit any of their branch country wide
- Fill in the search application form and attach the title .In most District Land Offices, copies of your ID and Pin Certificate are required.
- Obtain Rates Clearance Certificate from the Local Municipal Council .
- Obtain consent to transfer from the Commissioner of Lands. This application is made in writing.
- Your Lawyer can proceed and prepare a sales agreement with the seller’s lawyer.
- Make a payment of BIF 60,000 any bank of your choice in Burundi require for you to obtain your land titles
- After you have completed the application form, forward it, together with relevant supporting documents and attach the receipt payment from the bank to the Minister of Land Management, Environment and Tourism. , or at any branch country wide.
- Upon review and approval of the submitted documents by the responsible officer, you will then be told when to go back and get your original land title.
Ads by Google
- Identification card
- Passport photo
The total fees to obtain original land title in Burundi is 100,000 BIF.
For a long time
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time may be 30 working days.
Minister of Land Management, Environment and Tourism.
Mrs. Odette KAYITESI
Avenue ensemble 10, Bujumbura, Burundi. BP 08
Tel: +257 7712 2223
Fax: +257 7712 2122
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.