Burundi - Apply for National Identification Card
A Burundian National Identification card is a small and precise document with a number of features. A research Institute of the Ministry of Public Security of China was contracted by the Burundi government to design, make and produce the National Biometric Identity Card in Burundi.
Sixteen (16) years and above.
Ads by Google
1.Applicants must appear in person;
2.Ensure that all documents submitted are true copies;
3.Applicants must meet the age limit and residential requirements;
4.Should be in the country at the time of submitting application;
1. Name of applicant;
3. Passport number;
4. Date of birth;
5. Date and Place of birth;
6. Nationality at Birth;
7. Home, Work and Residential address;
8. Applicant’s signature;
9. Level of Education;
11. Marital Status;
12. Names of parents;
13. Names of children (if any);
14. Number of medical assistance card;
15. Mutuelle de la Fonction Publique number;
16. Social Security National Institute number;
17. Job employment number;
18. Land and building property owned;
19. Bank account number; polling card number;
20. Birthday geographic code;
22. Court situation;
23. Driving license number;
24. Blood group.
1.Go and obtain an placation form from any authorized office of the Ministry of Local Affairs / interior minister’ office;
2.Fill it the application form and make you date and signature are inserted after filling form;
3.Ensure that you obtain all necessary documents and attach them on the complete application form;
4.Make payment and also attach a copy of the payment slip on to the application;
5.At submission of applications, finger prints and passport photo are taken at the offices of the authorized issuing agent;
6.There after an applicant is advised on when to come for his / her identity card.
Ads by Google
1. Birth certificate
2. Two (2) recent passport photos
3. Identification Documents
4. medical assistance card
5. certificate of loss (in cases of replacements)
6. affiliation card at “Mutuelle de la Fonction Publique
7. affiliation card at Social Security National Institute
8. employment card
9. court clearance certificate
11. driving license
12. Military / Police card (for servants in military / police)
13. poling card
3. 88 dollars about 6,000 Burundian Francs
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The process takes less than a Day to obtain the National Identification Card.
1.Interior ministers office:
Rue de ici 75, Bujumbura, Burundi. BP 05
Tel: +257 7812 2121
Fax: +257 78 12 1111
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
1.There are also some identity cards that were issued prior to election that were held in 2010.
- The identity cards were free of charge and were issued to those who were old enough to vote at the time (over eighteen (18) years).
- The issuance of these identity cards was a success with the help of the United Nations organization.
- Issuance target women and the poor people who could not afford fees for the existing National Identity card.
- The cards could be obtained within one (1) to two (2) days.
1. A person can easily be identified;
2. Easy access to public utilities
3. Help the government determine the differences in population based on sex and age;
4. Free movement and freedom of expression for the hold of the card;
5. It helps government to effective and efficiently plan for its people
More information which might help people.