Belarus - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
This procedure provides you information on how you can bring your pet dogs and cats to Belarus and how can you apply for a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet).
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Importing your pets:
- Have your pet examined by a veterinarian: You will need to have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian. Some of the documents that you will need to present when your pet arrives in Belarus will be issued by your vet. Your vet will also be able to provide you information on how you can go about bringing your pet abroad.
- Prepare necessary documents: Import of animals to Belarus is allowed only upon presentation of relevant veterinary and medical certificates:
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection: This document must be certified by a local veterinary office.
- Vaccination Records: In addition, it is required to present documents confirming that the animal has received all vaccinations required for travelling abroad. It is possible to receive the list of vaccinations at your local veterinary clinic. Vaccinations must be done not later than 2 weeks prior to departure.
- Note: All documents must be translated into Russian or Belarusian.
- If you are outside Belarus: You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Embassy of Belarus in the country you are currently staying. The office may be able to help you process your request to obtain a pet passport or import permit for your pet.
- Before you make arrangements to transport your pet: Make sure that you have all the required documents, and got in touch with the authority responsible with the import/export of live animals in the country where your pet will be coming from and in Belarus. If you are thinking of flying in with your pet, you may also try and contact the airline company, they may be able to provide additional information about pet passports and how you can bring your pet abroad.
- Arrival in Belarus: Upon arrival in Belarus animals must be registered with the local veterinary authorities within one month from the date of arrival.
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
IMPORTATION OF EXOTIC ANIMALS
Restrictions on import to Belarus are applied to animals subject to the Convention on international trade of endangered wild fauna and flora species. The import of such animals must be authorized by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of Belarus. In addition, the person meeting the tourist in Belarus must obtain a veterinary certificate for exotic animals from the head department of State Veterinary Inspection at the border and on transport. This certificate is presented together with the certificate specifying the vaccinations upon the import of animals. Thus, to import a monkey to Belarus from an African country, there should be an AIDS mark in the veterinary certificate and the health certificate.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.