Barbados - Register a Patent
This procedure provides you information related to how to register a patent in Barbados. A patent is a monopoly right that provides you (the patentee) with the exclusive use of your invention for 15 years with a right to renew it.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To register a Patent, the applicant has to contact the Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office.
- The application must contain a clear reproduction of the sign filed for registration, including any colours, forms, or three-dimensional features. The application must contain all the necessary information.
- You are advised to obtain professional help.
- Please contact the following office locations which can provide you with appropriate information :
- Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office
- 7th Floor, Baobab Towers,
- Warrens Industrial Estate,
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Appropriate fees can be found under the following link : Fee Information
Your patent will last for 20 years from the date we received your Petition, providing you pay the renewal fees.
Application forms that can be used : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office
7th Floor, Baobab Towers,
Warrens Industrial Estate,
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.