Barbados - Obtain a Fisher’s Industry Identification (ID) Card
Fisheries worker registration is a requirement for all people who would like to work in the fishing industry. Being a registered fishery worker will give you access to various services or facilities provided by the Fisheries or Markets Divisions in Barbados.
Following are procedures on how you can apply for this procedure and obtain a Fisher's Industry Identification (ID) card.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Applicant's complete name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Contact numbers (home/work/mobile)
- National registration number
- National insurance number
- Date of birth
- Country of birth
- Marital status
- Training institutions
- No. of dependents
- Passport No.
- Passport origin
- Date issued
- Place issued
- Date expires
- Gather all documents you will need to present or submit in order to register as a fisheries worker.
- Fill out the registration form.
- Submit the completed registration form along with all other required documents to the Chief Fisheries Officer.
- Have your photograph taken and your electronic signature collected by the Fisheries Officer.
- A Fisher's file and a computerised record will be created and a Fisher's Industry Identification (ID) card will be issued to all succesful applicants.
Note: Special provision will be made for the registration of persons at processing plants or those who may be incapacitated.
Ads by Google
For those who would like to register as a fisheries worker or renew their registration:
- Completed application form for registration. Fishery Worker Registration Form (FD13)
- Barbados Identification Card
- Barbados National Insurance & Social Security Registration Card (NIS Card)
- For Non-nationals: A valid work permit related to the role in the fishing industry
- Certificate required for role in fishing industry
- Valid Markets Fish Seller’s Licence (Processing or Vending)
- Valid Health Certificate (Fishermen, Processing or Vending)
- For renewals: Fisher’s Industry Identification Card
- Applicants must have their photograph taken and their electronic signature collected by the Fisheries Officer.
- The Health Certificate must be valid for at least a month after the date of submission of the application for the market licence.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
The Fisher’s Industry Identification Card is to be issued in accordance with the expiry date stated on the Market Fish Seller’s License or the Health Certificate. (Fishermen, Processing or Vending)
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Ministry of Agriculture
Princess Alice Highway
Telephone: (246) 426-3745 / (246) 426-5973
Fax: (246) 436-9068
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Ministry of Agriculture - Barbados Website:
- Barbados' 1993 Fisheries Act:
More information which might help people.