Bahamas - Register as Citizen
This procedure provides you information about how to register as a citizen in The Bahamas.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Following categories of persons applying for citizenship in The Bahamas:
- Former Belongers - persons who resided in The Bahamas at the time of Independence 10th July 1973 and would have one year to make an application for some form of status.
- Persons born in The Bahamas after 9th JUly 1973, to Non- Bahamian parents (these persons would have to apply on their 18th birthday and before their 19th birthday).
- Persons born legitimately to a Bahamian female married to a foreign spouse outside The Bahamas.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Application for the registering as a citizen should be made to the Department of Immigration.
- Please submit the complete the application form along with the required documents that are listed under Required Documents section of this page. Office address location on which should be approached are provided below.
- DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION
- HAWKINS HILL
- P. O. Box N-831
- NASSAU, BAHAMAS
- E-mail : email@example.com
Ads by Google
- Birth Certificate (English Transulated, if not in English)
- Parent's Birth Certificate Originals (English Transulated, if not in English)
- Marriage Certificate (English Transulated, if not in English) - if applicable
- Spouse Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- 2 passport size photo with name endorsed
- Work Permit or Annual Permit to Reside
- Police Character Certificate (Issued less than 6 months)
- Death certificate or Divorce decree (if applicable)
- Letter of reference from all schools inficating period of attendence
- $4.00 Bahamian postage stamp
$100.00 PROCESSING FEE
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Application form that can be used : Application Form
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION
P. O. Box N-831
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.