Argentina - Transfer Ownership of a Motor Vehicle, Motorcycle or Machinery
Following are procedures on how you can transfer ownership of a motor vehicle, motorcycle or machinery in Argentina.
Motor vehicles, motorcycles or machineries obtained/received as a gift, through succession and by purchase/from sale.
- By the owner
- Or the owner's legal representative
Ads by Google
Argentina's law gives the vehicle's owner or owner's legal representative 10 working days to make the transfer, this term can be changed as long there is no penalty imposed yet. However, if the transfer is made within 90 working days starting from the first administrative certification of signatures, a fine of $ 52.00 shall be imposed annually up to a maximum of two years,which will cost a total of $ 104.00.
Transfer of ownership must be filed in the place where the motor vehicle, motorcycle or machinery is located or where it will used in the future.
Having the ownership of the vehicle transferred to it's new owner(s) will result to the issuance of the green card, which means the vehicle's new owner no longer needs to obtain a blue card.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Gather all documents you will need to present or submit to apply for the procedure.
- Your application to transfer ownership must be filed in the place where the motor vehicle, motorcycle or machinery is located or where it will used in the future..
- Complete the application form(s).
- Submit the completed form along with all other required documents.
- Pay all necessary fees.
Ads by Google
- Form "08"
- If the owner is married, Form "12" must be completed. The spouse must also sign the form.
- Form "59", for application submitted by a third person.
- Title of the motor vehicle, motorcycle or machinery
- Green card
- Proof of registration of the purchaser or acquirer of CUIT, CUIL or CDI
- Photocopy of the DNI
- Form - Certificate of Transfer Automotive (Ce.TA), for motor valued at $30,000 or more
- Fees are paid when you file your petition and not when your petition is granted.
- The fees can be paid in cash or through VISA Electron or Maestro card.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It will take about 24 to 48 hours for your application to transfer ownership of a motor vehicle, motorcycle or machinery to be completed.
DIR. NAC. DE LOS REGISTROS NACIONALES DE LA PROPIEDAD DEL AUTOMOTOR Y CRÉDITOS PRENDARIOS - DNRPA
(National Registry of Motor Vehicles of Argentina)
1414 AJW C
Subway: Line B (Malabia - O. Pugliese)
Buses: 15, 34, 55, 65, 71, 76, 127, 166, 168
Ads by Google
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- DNRPA Website:
More information which might help people.