Argentina - Register a Birth
All births in Argentina must be registered. It should be registered within forty (40) days. It could be done at the hospital or at a Civil Registry Office (Registro Civil).
- If both parents were married in Argentina, then either of them could go to the civil registry office with the required documents.
- If both parents are unmarried, both of them should go to the civil registry office with the required documents.
Ads by Google
- When all correct documentation is brought to the hospital, there's no need to go to a civil registry office. All paper works must be done in advance because translation of all the parents' documents is required.
- To find a local Registry Office, click on the link: http://registronacional.com/registrocivil/registrocivil.php?w=registrocivil.gov.ar.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to a Civil Registry Office. Bring along the necessary documents.
- Present and submit the documents.
- Register the birth of your child by completing a form.
- After registration, you will receive your child's birth certificate (Acta de Nacimiento) and the baby's identification papers (DNI).
Ads by Google
- Signed and notarized medical certificate of the birth (Certificado de Nacimiento)
- Parents'original passports and photocopy
- Marriage certificate (For parents married outside Argentina, translated and certified copies of the marriage certificate are required.)
Birth registration is free of charge.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Civil Registry Office
Registro Provincial de las Personas
Calle 1 N° 1342 esq. 60
(1900) La Plata
Tel: +54 (0221) 429-6200
Email: Departamento de Relaciones con la Comunidad
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Any baby born in Argentina automatically acquires Argentine citizenship. Parents who were not born in Argentina but whose child was born in Argentina can apply for permanent residency.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Registration of the Birth: http://argentina.angloinfo.com/healthcare/pregnancy-birth/registration-nationality/
More information which might help people.