Argentina - Obtain a Unique Tax Identification (Clave Única de Identificación Tributaria / CUIT)
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a Unique Tax Identification (Clave Única de Identificación Tributaria / CUIT) in Argentina.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Applications may be submitted by the applicant personally or through a third party.
- By the applicant: the form must be signed before the presiding officer.
- For application submitted through a third party: the form must be certified by the police, by a bank or a notary public.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- File your application to obtain a Unique Tax Identification (Clave Única de Identificación Tributaria / CUIT) to the AFIP-DGI office in the place where you are a resident, where you are conducting your business or engaged in a gainful activity.
- Complete Form No. 460 / F in duplicate. You may either download a copy of the form and fill it out manually or you can complete the form online and have it printed out after.
- Submit the completed form along with other required documents to an AFIP officer.
- Tax authorities will collect your biometrics (signature, photo, and eventually fingerprint) and have your identification scanned.
Note: Information collected during the process will be reflected in the system as a form of security measure and will be used to avoid commission of fraud.
Ads by Google
Complete Form No. 460 / F in duplicate. Fill out the form using information like:
- Personal information (date of birth, Document Type and Number)
- Reference data (Name and Surname)
- Actual residence (as set out in your ID)
- Place where you will be paying taxes (where the business was established)
- Other information (phone, email contact)
- The business owner, manager or authorized person shall sign the back of the form. The signature must be certified by a bank, police authority or notary.
- Demonstration explaining how to complete Form No. 460 / F View
Other required documents:
Proof of identity:
- For Argentine nationals and foreigners with DNI: Original and photocopy of the national identity, civic enrollment book or registration book.
- For foreigners without DNI:
- Non-residents originating from neighboring or associated with MERCOSUR countries should submit the original and photocopy of the identity of the country of origin.
- Non-residents must also present their passport (original and photocopy)
- For those temporarily staying in Argentina or transients that do not have national identity card: original and photocopy of the certificate or voucher certifying the file number assigned by the National Immigration, stating the nature of their residence.
- Undivided Estates: death certificate of the deceased; and court testimony of the administrator's appointment.
Proof of Address (submit 2 of the following documents):
- Certificate of residence issued by the police authority
- Notarized confirmation
- A photocopy of a utility bill in the name of the taxpayer or the applicant
- Photocopy of ownership title or lease contract of the property
- Photocopy of bank statement or credit card statement under the name of the applicant
- Photocopy of the document issued by the municipal authority
Note: Tax authorities may accept other documents as proof, depending on the applicant's situation.
This service is provided free of charge.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
ADMINISTRACIÓN FEDERAL DE INGRESOS PÚBLICOS - AFIP
(Federal Tax Authority of Argentina)
Hipólito Yrigoyen 370
Telephone: 0810-999-2347 (AFIP) o *2347 desde su celular
Note: AFIP Care Centers provides services especially related to the use of the AFIP webpage, explaining to citizens how to use the Web tools and gives information on the most popular topics.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- AFIP Website:
More information which might help people.