Argentina - Obtain a Certificate of Disability (Certificado Único de Discapacidad / CUD)
A Certificate of Disability (Certificado Único de Discapacidad / CUD) is a public document. This document is your key in accessing the health system and the benefits established by the legislation of Argentina for people with disabilities.
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a Certificate of Disability (Certificado Único de Discapacidad / CUD) in Argentina.
The applicant, applicant's immediate family member or a duly authorized third person may apply for the procedure.
- If the person is a minor, he/she must be accompanied by their mother and father or guardian. The original birth certificate and a photocopy of parent's DNI must be presented.
- If the person is under guardianship, the guardian must sign the form and provide photocopies of the documentation supporting guardianship.
- Argentina's Immigration Act N º 25.871 states that any foreign person residing in Argentina has the same rights as an Argentine citizen when it comes to obtaining a Certificate of Disability (Certificado Único de Discapacidad / CUD). The applicant must submit documents to prove their residence in the country.
Ads by Google
Obtaining a Certificate of Disability (Certificado Único de Discapacidad / CUD) is based on the interdisciplinary assessment conducted by professionals, which is based on the documentation submitted by the applicant, whether or not it falls within current standards for certification of disability.
Where you will submit your application will depend on the address indicated on your ID.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Gather all documents you will need to submit or present to apply for the procedure.
- File your application to obtain a Certificate of Disability (Certificado Único de Discapacidad / CUD) at a SNR office based on the address indicated on your ID.
- Fill up and submit an application form and submit it along all other required documents.
- Certificates issued are renewable.
Lost or Stolen Certificates
In case you lost your Certificate of Disability (Certificado Único de Discapacidad / CUD), you must make an appointment to be examined again before the Review Board in the jurisdiction that corresponds, according to the address indicated therein. You must file a police report regarding the incident.
Ads by Google
- Updated original Certificate issued by doctor (not older than 6 months) that includes the complete diagnosis, current status, date, signature and stamp of the physician.
- Certificates and reports of professionals depending on the applicant's case.
- Supplementary Medical studies regarding the applicant's health condition: must be original and not older than 6 months.
- DNI / LC / Passport of the applicant. Original and legible
- Form completed by the treating medical specialist, if applicable.
- A copy of the first and second sheet of DNI patient.
- A copy of the last paycheck if the patient works; if not, the family member who has the charge.
- If the applicant is retired, provide: Copy of the receipt for payment of retirement.
Note: In case of renewal of the certificate, the procedure is the same as the first time and the applicant must also submit the expired original certificate.
Certificate of Disability (Certificado Único de Discapacidad / CUD): Free
- For certificates issued to individuals aged 0 to 5 years old: 5 years
- For certificates issued to individuals aged 5 years up: 10 years (maximum)
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Servicio Nacional de Rehabilitacion
Ramsay 2250 o Dragones 2201 (C1428BAJ)
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Call Centre: 0800-555-3472 (Office Hours 7:30am to 7:30pm)
Offices where you can obtain a disability certificate
Other Contact Numbers
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Servicio Nacional de Rehabilitacion Website:
More information which might help people.