Anguilla - Obtain Marriage License
This procedure provides you information about how to obtain a Marriage License in Anguilla.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To obtain a marriage license the couple has to approach the Court Registry two days prior to the day of marriage to make application for Marriage License.
- Please make sure you have the required fees that is listed under the Fees section and the documents that are listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- The marriage license can be obtained from your nearest court registry. You may use the contact information provided below to locate the nearest court registry in your area.
Ads by Google
- Identification document (Passport, Birth certificate)
- Driver License (if available)
- If divorced, present original divorce documents (Decree Absolute) bearing a Seal of the Court of divorce. Certified True copies and signed by a Registrar or Clerk of the Court of divorce is also accepted
- A death certificate if one of the spouses from the previous marriage is deceased.
- If parties are under the age of 18 consent must be presented
Produce EC$100.00 or its equivalent of US$37.20 worth of Anguilla stamps, which can be obtained from the General Post Office in Anguilla. Make a payment of EC$650.00 or its equivalent of US$241.80 which is the cost of the Marriage license.
Note : European countries usually stipulate that an Apostile is attached to the Marriage certificate. (An Apostile is a standard certification attesting the validity of a document obtained in a foreign country). The cost of an Apostile is EC$150.00 / US$55.80 cash or by Travellers Cheques. The Apostile can be obtained at The Ministry of Finance in Anguilla.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Court House Building
P.O. Box 60, The Valley
Telephone: (264) 497 2377
Fax: (264) 497 5420
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.