Anguilla - Apply for Naturalisation
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for naturalization, the applicant has to approach the Attorney General Chambers.
- Applications for registration of children must be accompanied by school letters from ALL the schools they have attended in Anguilla.
- Your application must be accompanied by letters from ALL your employers for the past five (5) years. If you are unemployed, you must submit a letter stating that you are unemployed and how you are maintained financially.
- The reference persons who are to sign the back of your naturalization application form must be BOTCs (Anguilla) and must have known you for over five (5) years.
- Applicants for naturalization may be required to pass a language test to assess whether or not they are able to communicate in the English language effectively both in writing and orally.
- Following are the contact information related that can be used :
- Attorney General Chambers
- P.O. Box 60,
- Commercial Complex
- The Valley, Anguilla
- Telephone: 264 497 3044
- Fax: 264 497 3126
- Following link provides more contact information : Contact Info
- Inland Revenue
- Contact Information:
- P.O. Box 60
- Old Police Barracks
- The Valley, Anguilla
- Telephone: 264 497 1241
- Fax: 264 497 0176
All original documents must be submitted along with one copy of each document. Documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by certified translations by a translator approved by chambers.
- ALL pages of previous and current Passport(s) since first arrival in Anguilla.
- Applicants Birth Certificate.
- Birth Certificate of Spouse.
- Marriage Certificate
- If divorced please supply divorced documents.
- Grandparents Birth Certificates.
- Parents Birth Certificates.
- Belonger Status Certificate.
- Valid Permanent Resident Permit/booklet
- Copies of ALL work permits.
- Job letter/s covering the last 5 years.
- If self-employed please provide ALL business licenses.
- A letter of residency (has to be from an Anguillian or BOTC. Letter CANNOT be written by a referee).This letter must be from a well-known person in your community and must state.
- in what capacity that person has known you.
- how long you have been resident in Anguilla and in that particular community.
- your character and attributes.
- what, if any contributions you have made to the Anguilla society. Note: if your residence is in question, you may be required to provide information on affidavit.
- All school letters, if you have attended school in Anguilla.
- Any other relevant documentation.
- If applying for children under the age of 18 years please provide:
- All school letters for child/children.
- Consent letter from the other parent.
- Health Card Record(s).
- Birth Certificate(s) for child/children.
- Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)
- Parents Birth Certificates
- Receipt from payment made to Inland Revenue Department.
Office Locations & Contacts
Attorney General Chambers
P.O. Box 60,
The Valley, Anguilla
Telephone: 264 497 3044
Fax: 264 497 3126
Following link provides more contact information : Contact Info
P.O. Box 60
Old Police Barracks
The Valley, Anguilla
Telephone: 264 497 1241
Fax: 264 497 0176
- You have had Belonger Status for at least one (1) year prior to your naturalization application. If your Belonger Status is based on your marriage to a British Overseas Territories Citizen (BOTC) (Anguilla), the one-year waiting period does not apply; OR
- You have had Permanent Resident Status for at least one (1) year immediately preceding the consideration of your application. For example, if Permanent Resident Status was granted to you on 12 April 2003, your application will not be considered unless that status had been renewed on 12 April 2004. Note that you should not submit an application for naturalization close to the date of expiration of your Permanent Resident Status because if that status expires prior to the time that your application is being considered, you will be required to renew it;
- You have been resident in Anguilla for a period of five (5) years immediately preceding the date of the application; OR
- If you are married to a BOTC (Anguilla) you have been resident in Anguilla for a period of three (3) years immediately preceding the date of the application.
A non-refundable processing fee of EC$100.00 covering an application should be paid at the Inland Revenue Department before application(s) are submitted to this Office.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.