Algeria - Register a Business
The legislator adopted a broad definition of investment. Ordinance No.01-03 of 20 April 2001, as amended, on the development of the investment determines the rules applicable to domestic and foreign investments made in the economic activities of production of goods and services.
Three types of investments are included:
- Acquisitions of assets which fall within the framework of the creation of new activities or which are likely to expand production capacity, or to renovate or restructure manufacturing facilities
- Participation in the capital of enterprises (in the form of in-kind or cash contributions)
- Buyout of activities within a total or partial privatization.
Ads by Google
The applicant must fill out a form, listing the four proposed company names, and pay a fee for the name search and the fiscal stamp.
The Commercial Registry (Centre National du Registre du Commerce, CNRC) conducts a name search and issues a name certificate on the same day.
- Business name
- Bank account number
- Criminal records
- Notarized information
- Obtain a certificate on the uniqueness of a selected business name from the Centre National du Registre du Commerce (CNRC).
- Deposit the start-up capital with the notary public.
- Draw up and notarize the business constitution documents, submit specimen of managers’ signatures, and prepare and submit the lease for the registered office of the business.
- Obtain the criminal record and birth certificate of manager.
- Publish the business constitution on the legal journal (B.O.A.L.) and a nationally circulated newspaper.
- Pay for the stamp duty and obtain a receipt.
- Register for income tax (Impôt sur le revenu global des personnes physiques, IRG), corporate tax (Impôt sur les bénéfices des personnes morales ou des sociétés, IBS), and VAT with the local tax inspectorate.
- Register for the Caisse Nationale des Assurances Sociales des Travailleurs Salariés (CNAS).
- Open the business’s bank account with a commercial bank.
- Register for the Caisse Nationale de Sécurité Sociale des Non Salariés (CASNOS).
- Make a company seal.
- Have business’s accounting books stamped at the court.
Ads by Google
- Certificate on the uniqueness
- Criminal record
- Birth certificate
- Accounting books
- Lease for the registered office of the business
- Notarized business constitution documents
- Required customs documents include the original bill of lading, copies of invoices, phyto-sanitary health certificate (if applicable), packing list and certificate of origin.
- It is important to make sure these are filled in correctly as missing, incomplete or inaccurate documentation can cause significant delays at customs.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
NATIONAL REGISTER OF TRADE CENTRE,
National Road No. 24 LIDO Algiers Bordj el Kiffan BP N ° 18 16120 Algeria
Tel: 213 021.20.10.28 / 021.20.55.38
Fax: 021.20.19.71 213
The American Chamber of Commerce in Algeria
SHERATON Hotel, Club des Pins
Staoueli, 1601, Alger – Algérie
Office N° 22.
Mobile: +213 (0) 555 61 62 82
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Since 2003, one can apply for the criminal record (extraIt de casier judiciaire) at the CNRC without visiting the Clerk of the Court in the manager’s birthplace.
- The managers must file the criminal record with the Trade Register and also provide a copy of the birth certificate, obtained at the birthplace.
- It is assumed that the managers already hold a birth certificate.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.