Uganda - Apply for Passport
This page contains information on how to apply for a passport in Uganda.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Application should obtain Forms A and B and any other information from the nearest Immigration Office
- The forms should be taken personally by the applicant for endorsement by Area Local Council 1,2,3 RDC and DISO
- After endorsement above, applicant should present passport application forms and supportive documents to cash office for assessment and Bank payment Advise forms.
- Applicant may also download the bank payment Advise form from URA web portal http:/ura.go.ug
- Go to any prescribed bank and pay only Uganda shillings 82,000/= for your passport. You will be issued with a bank return which you will present to the Immigration cash office for verification.
- Attach your verified bank return onto your passport application documents and present them to the person receiving officer at the Passport Receiving Section or your nearest Immigration Office.
- You will be required to present your identification at the time of collecting your passport.
Note: Avoid Middlemen or Kayungirizi. Middlemen will be prosecuted and applications resulting from such transactions disqualified / impounded by the Passport Control Officer.
Minors should appear with parents / guardians.
Ads by Google
- Duly endorsed forms A and B
- Covering letter from Employer / School / Parents / Guardian or person well known to applicant. The covering letter should be addressed to the Passport Control Officer; Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala
- Copy and original applicant's identification documents e.g Voters card, birth certificates, school certificate, residential ID, baptism card, employer's card.
- 4 coloured passport size photos taken against a white background.
- Recommendation from citizen of good repute
- Proof of profession
- Any other information as may from time to timebe required by the Passport Control Office.
There is a fee payable only by Uganda shillings of 82,000/= for your passport.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Collect your passport in person after ten working days.
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua
Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality
RDC / Administration building: Masaba Road
Masindi Passport Center
Hoima Passport Center
Kampaya House: Old Fort-portal Road, Hoima town
Mbarara Regional Office
Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road
Masaka Regional Office
Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality
Jinja Regional Office
Administration block: Busoga Square
Mubende Regional Office
Fortportal Regional Office
Administration Block: Boma Road
Lira Regional Office
District Chambers Building: Dr. Obote Avenue
Mityana Regional Office
Kampala Main Passport Office
American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobbacco plant(BAT)
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.