Tamil Nadu - Transfer of Vehicle Ownership from other State
When a person is shifting his/her vehicle from one state to another state, he/she have to do some procedure to avoid problems while driving in a new state. If a person is shifting the vehicle for less than 3 months nothing to worry about it because, as per RTO rules it is considered as a visit. Otherwise, if a person is staying for more than 3months, he/she have to Change the address and apply for re-registration. For re-registration, one have to get a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the home state RTO where the vehicle is registered.
- Vehicle owner.
- Re-registration of vehicle are subject to clearance from National Crime Record Bureau. The Transport Department arranges the clearance certificate themselves.
- One can apply for a refund in tax in the old RTO.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To Re-registration a private, non-commercial vehicle one have to obtain a No Objection Certificate from the original RTO. Then get a Police clearance certificate (In Tamil Nadu it is Crime Record Bureau or CRB) stating that this vehicle is not a stolen one.
- The person have to submit Pollution Under Control Certificate and pay life time tax for the new state.
- Submit the required application form for change of address, transfer of ownership of motor vehicle, intimation and transfer of ownership of motor vehicle in form 33, form 29, and form 30 respectively.
Ads by Google
Re-registration of a Vehicle
- Application in Form-20 (http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/form20.pdf)
- Application for new registration mark in Form-27 (http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/form27.pdf)
- Application and grant of no objection certificate in Form-28
- Notice of transfer of ownership in Form29 (http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/form29.pdf)
- Intimation of change of address in Form33 (http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/form33.pdf)
- Application for intimation and transfer of ownership in Form-30 (Form-60/61 except 2 wheelers for T.O. only) (http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/form30.pdf)
- Registration Certificate
- Police Certificate
- Valid Insurance Certificate
- Proof of address (any one of the following):
- Ration Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Passport size photo
- Pay slip issued by Govt. Office or a Local Body
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive or First Class Judicial Magistrate or Notary public.
- Evidence for payment of Entry Tax
- Valid Tax
- Valid Pollution under Control Certificate
Re-registration of vehicle
- Invalid Carriage Rs.20/-
- Motor Cycle Rs.60/-
- LMV -
- 1.Non Transport Vehicle Rs.20
- 2.Commercial Vehicle Rs.300/-
- (i) M.G.V. Rs.400/-
- (ii) M.P.M.V. Rs.400/-
- (iii) H.G.V. Rs.600/-
- (iv) H.P.M.V. Rs.600/-
- (v) Imported M.V. Rs.800/-
- (vi) Imported Motor Cycle Rs.200/-
- (vii) Any other vehicle not mentioned above Rs.300/-
- Compounding Fee for belated application
- a) Up to 30 days Rs.40/-
- b) Up to 60 days Rs.75/-
- c) Above 60 days Rs.100/- + Service charges
- d) 2 and 3 wheelers Rs.100/-
- e) Above 3 wheelers Rs.200/-
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
- RTO office in Trichy http://www.justdial.com/Trichy/RTO-Office/ct-10414899
- RTO office in Tirunelveli http://www.justdial.com/Tirunelveli/RTO-Office/ct-10414899
- RTO office in Madurai http://www.justdial.com/Madurai/rto-office
- RTO office in Virudhunagar http://justdial.com/Virudhunagar/RTO-Office/ct-10414899
- RTO office in Coimbatore http://www.justdial.com/Coimbatore/Regional-Transport-Office-%3Cnear%3E-Peelamedu/0422P422STD2200215
- RTO office in Tiruppur http://www.justdial.com/Tirupur/rto-office
- RTO office in Thanjavur http://www.veethi.com/Thanjavur-Government-and-Community--yellowpages_list_details-list_id-156126.htm
- RTO office in Salem http://www.justdial.com/Salem/rto-office-%3Cnear%3E-erode
- RTO office in Erode http://www.justdial.com/Erode/RTO-Office/ct-10414899
- RTO office in Vellore http://www.justdial.com/Vellore/RTO-Office/ct-10414899 http://www.transportindia.in/office.asp?state=23&city=83
- RTO office in cuddalore http://www.justdial.com/Cuddalore/RTO-Office/ct-10414899
- RTO office in Dindugal http://www.justdial.com/Dindigul/RTO-Office/ct-10414899
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Ads by Google
More information which might help people.