Sri Lanka - Obtaining Duplicate Identity Card Copies
You can request for a Duplicate in respect of a lost ID card.
- Anyone can apply who has valid ID card.
- You can obtain the application form the Grama Niladhari of the applicant’s residential area;
- You can obtain the application form the Estate superintendant (if the applicant resides in an estate);
- You need to lodge a complaint in the local police station to state that the ID has been lost. This complaint should be lodged during last six month.
- You need to submit the all required documents.
- You need to pay your fees as a Stamps value of Rs. 15/-
- Date, Country and Place of Birth
- Father’s and Mother’s Full name
- Current ID card Expiry date
- Residential Address
- Telephone Number
- Complete the Application form and submit to the Grama Niladhari if you reside in a residential area.
- Complete the Application form and submit to the Estate superintendant (if you resides in an estate);
- Submit the all required documents with the application form.
Ads by Google
- Duly completed RPD Form 7
- Original copy of the complaint lodged in the Police Station to state that the NIC has been lost. This complaint should be lodged during last six month.
- Five colour photographs of the size of 1 ⅜” X ⅞”
- Stamps to a value of Rs. 15/=
- Originals of Birth Certificate, Probable Age Certificate or the “results of search of registers”.
(Applicant who forward the “results of search of registers”, need to be submitted an affidavit obtained from Justice of Peace (JP) and two or more following documents along with to confirm the date of birth.)
- School leaving certificate
- Certificate of Baptism
- Copies of Birth certificates of children of the applicant, (if the date of birth of the applicant indicated )
- Extract of the birth certificate of the applicant
- Citizenship certificate of Sri Lanka (if the date of birth indicated)
- Estate leaving certificate (if the date of birth indicated)
- Certified copies of relevant pages of the Passport
- Registration card issued by the Estate Superintendent
- Horoscope (if available)
- Applicants, who wish to include their occupation/designation in the ID card, should submit a service certificate obtained during the last three months. Professionals also need to submit documentary evidence, in case if they wish to include their profession in the ID card.(I.e. Engineers, Doctors, Accountants, Lawyers should submit relevant Degree certificates). In case of the Businessmen, they need to submit a certified copy of the Business Registration certificate.
- Documentary evidence such as Passport, Bank Book, Driving License etc. to certify that the number of lost ID has been used in the past.
- Grama Niladhari certificate to confirm the residential place.
- Procedure to be confirm the Priest status of applicants-
- Buddhist cleric should submit the “Certificate of Ordain” or “Upasampada Certificate” issued by the Department of Buddhist Affairs
- “Dasasil Matha” should submit the registration certificate issued by the Department of Buddhist Affairs
- Islamic priest should submit the certificate issued by the Department of Islamic Religious Affairs
- Hindu priest should submit the certificate issued by the Department of Hindu Religious Affairs
- Catholic priest should submit certificate issued by the head of relevant catholic religious chapters
- Applicants, who have changed the status of Buddhist clergy, should submit the certificate issued by the Department of Buddhist affairs.
Stamps to a value of Rs. 15
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Department of Registration of Persons
- Keppetipola Road,
- Colombo 05.
- Telephones: +94-11-2508022, +94-11-2583199
- Fax Nos: +94-11-2593634
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.rpd.gov.lk
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Sri Lanka Government Information Center - Obtaining Duplicate Identity Card Copies http://www.gic.gov.lk/gic/index.php?option=com_info&task=info&id=418&lang=en
Ads by Google
More information which might help people.