Karnataka - Register a Marriage and Obtain Certificate
A Marriage Certificate is a significant document that offers proof of marriage. In most jurisdictions, a marriage certificate is issued by a government official only after the civil registration of the marriage.
- Bridegroom must have completed 21 years of age.
- Bride must have completed 18 years of age.
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- The parties to a Hindu marriage must register their information relating to marriage, and prepare and sign a memorandum in Form 1 in duplicate. They must submit it in person or send it by registered post to the Registrar of the area in which the marriage took place or in which the bridegroom or the bride ordinarily reside.
- Every memorandum must be submitted along with an application in Form - 1A.
- The memorandum and its duplicate must be signed by three witnesses.
- Upon receipt of the memorandum and the duplicate, the Registrar will make an endorsement in Form II on the reverse and then paste the memorandum in the register which will be in the form of a paste book consisting of blank butts serially numbered, beginning with figure 1.
- On filing the memorandum along with the application and completion of registration, the Registrar shall immediately issue a certificate of registration of marriage in Form IIA and communicate it either to the presenter in person or send it by post to the parties to the marriage.
- Parsi priest solemnizes marriage.
- He will obtain signature of bridegroom and bride and two witnesses present at the time of marriage in prescribed form and issue certificate of marriage.
- This certificate will be sent to Registrar of Marriage (District Registrar) along with prescribed fee.
- Registrar of marriage will record in the prescribed register.
- Go to the sub registrar office nearest to your residence and get the prescribed application form for marriage certificate from the office. Or download the form from online sources like http://www.karunadu.gov.in/karigr/download/hindu%20marriage%20forms.pdf.
- Fill in the details carefully in the form.
- Get the form signed by three witnesses.
- Submit the filled-in form and the required documents at the sub registrar office. They will verify the information and provide the applicant with six print-outs of the information provided in the application form.
- Both the bridegroom and the bride must put their signature on the print-outs in the specified area.
- The print-outs are then stamped and signed by the Registrar of Marriage.
- The sub registrar’s office hands over two copies of the marriage certificates to the bridegroom and the bride and retains the other copies for their official records.
Ads by Google
For application of marriage certificate
- Six (6) copies of joint photographs of bridegroom and bride in a blue or white background in 2B size.
- Two photographs of the bride and groom in marriage dress taken while the marriage ceremony was in progress and which shows that they are taking part in the ceremony.
- One copy of wedding card.
- Identity proof of both the bride and the groom (Pan card or Voter ID card or Passport, etc)
- Address proof of the husband (Passport, Driving License, House Rent Agreement, Telephone Bill, Ration Card)
- Age proof of both bride and groom (10th Std. Mark sheet with birth date on it or Passport)
- Affidavit in case of the name change of bride after the marriage.
- Newspaper in which the name-change information was published.
Fees for grant of certified copies:
- for every certified copy of marriage memorandum and identity slip, if any: Rs.10/-
- For every certified copy of application of form - VII: Rs.10/-
- For every certified copy of order of refusal to file memorandum of marriage by Registrar: Rs.10/-
- For every application presented to the Registrar: Rs.5/-
- For every search of a marriage memorandum: Rs.5/- per year
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Department of Stamps and Registration:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
- Certificate of marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage.
- Certificate of marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married women.
- Certificate of marriage is useful in getting the visa for the wife or husband.
- It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the depositor or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
Obtain Marriage Certificate: http://www.archive.india.gov.in/howdo/service_detail.php?formid=301&service=3
Government of Karnataka: http://www.karunadu.gov.in/Pages/Default.aspx
Ads by Google
More information which might help people.