Karnataka - How to Obtain a Learner's Driving Licence
A Driving Licence is an official document certifying that the holder is suitably qualified to drive a motor vehicle. Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act,1988 in India, no person can drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds a valid Driving Licence issued to him.
In India, two kinds of Driving Licences are issued: Learner’s Licence and Permanent Licence.A Learner’s Licence is essential for obtaining a Permanent Licence
Any person who has completed:
- 16 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Motor Cycle without Gear - Not exceeding 50 cc.
- 18 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Motor Cycle with Gear and Light Motor Vehicle.
- 20 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Transport Vehicle, if he/she has One year’s LMV vehicle DL
- Also, no person shall be granted a learner’s licence to drive a medium or heavy goods vehicle or passenger vehicle unless he has held a driving licence valid for a light motor vehicle (LMV) for at least one year.
Ads by Google
By having a LLR, a person can drive the bike in main road with the presence of driving license holder in driving bike. The validity of the LLR is 6 months before that he/she should take driving license. If the LLR is expired he/she should put new LLR to get the license. After one month of learning a driving he/she should apply for license to rto by getting the driving licence form. After the applying the rto call for test to get a license. OK
- Full name of the Applicant
- Father's Name
- Permanent Address / Temporary Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Education Qualification
- Identification Marks
- Blood Group
- Offline Method
- To obtain a Learner's Licence by offline method, you need to download and fill the application Form 2 and submit the form to the Local Regional Transport Office in you region.
- Submit the application form along with all required documents.
- Pay the prescribed fee.
- After submitting the application form the applicant will be allowed to appear for Preliminary Test. If he passes the application he will be issued a learner's licence at R.T.Os office.
- Online Method
- Click here to go to the online APPLICATION FOR THE GRANT OF LEARNER'S LICENCE
- The On-Line registration for Learner's Licence is only for non-transport vehicles whish are used for personal use. (i.e. Motor Cycle without Gear below 50cc, Motor Cycle Without Gear, Motor Cycle with Gear, Light Motor Vehicle Non-Transport (Car, Jeeps etc.), Light Motor Vehicle Non-Transport Auto (for personal use only), Light Motor Vehicle Tractor/Trailer and Invalid carriage).
- Please click on the link "Learner's license online Application" which would then take you to the form.
- Fill out the details requested in the form
- On successful submission of ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM, the applicant will get an automatic display of FORM 2 on the screen in the form WEB PAGE. INTERNET LL REFERNCE NUMBER and the Test Date with timings will be displayed at the top of this page, so that the applicant can note down the date and timings for appearing for the preliminary test. The applicant should take out the printout of the application (hardcopy) must produce this at the RTO Office along with the necessary documents.
How ever if the applicant fails to bring the printout(hardcopy) of application i.e. form-2, He should collect the same at Helpdesk of RTO Office and manually he should fill the form and submit along with the necessary documents. He must mention the INTERNET LL REFERENCE NUMNER that is generated after submitting the ON-LINE registration form.
- The applicant should sign the printed application and should submit the application along with the required documents at the respective R.T.Os office chosen in the ON-LINE APPLICATION.
- If the applicant age is 16 years and less than 18 years of age the Consent Certificate of Parents/Guardians should be filled up in the application and signed by Parents/Guardians before the Licensing Authority. If the applicant’s age is in between 16 years and 18 years he should bring his parents at the respective RTO office.
- The applicant after submitting his application along with documents will be allowed to appear for Preliminary Test. If he passes the application he will be issued a learner's licence at R.T.Os office.
Ads by Google
- Three recent passport size photographs required.
- Proof of address: (to produce any one of the following)
- Ration Card
- LIC Policy
- Electoral Roll
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST, Backward Class and Minorities, etc.) and Income Certificate issued by Tahasildar.
- Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State Government or a Local body.
- Ration Card. Self swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of age and address.
- Proof of legal presence in India in addition to proof of residence in case of foreigners.
- Proof of Age: (to produce any one of the following)
- School Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- PAN card.
- Certificate granted by the registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon.
- Self swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of age and address.
Rs.30 to be paid at the RTO cash counter.
Learner’s Licence is valid only for six months.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
After completion of Learner's test, the learner license is issued on the very same day of submission of documents and passing the test.
==Office Locations & Contacts== 7259397204
- Asst. Regional Transport Office, Sagar (KA-15)
- Asst.regional Transport Office,
- No.25/46, Upstairs, New B.h.road,
- Vinobha Nagar,sagar, Shimoga Dist
- Sagara, Karnataka
- STD Code, Phone: 08183-226276
- Asst.regional Transport Office,jamkhandi (KA-48)
- Asst.regional Transport Office,
- Sri Deepak Basavaraj Katagi's Building,
- L.t.s. No.4941, Apmc Yard, jamkhandi,bagalkot Dist.
- Jamkhandi, Karnataka
- STD Code, Phone: 08353-238040
- Asst.regional Transport Office,sakleshpur(KA-46 )
- Asst. Regional Transport Office,
- Balegaddhe, Raghavendra Nagar, B.m.road, N.h.48,
- sakleshpur, hassan Dist.
- STD Code, Phone: 08173-230746
- Asst.regional Transport Office,basavakalyan(KA-56 )
- Asst. Regional Transport Office, basavakalyana,
- Bidar District
- Asst,regional Transport Office, gokak(KA-49 )
- Asst.regional Transport Office, gokak,
- belgaum Dist.
- Gokak, Karnataka
- STD Code, Phone: 08332-224727
- Asst. Regional Transport Office ,kgf (KA-08 )
- Asst. Regional Transport Office, Cormondal, k.g.f.
- Kolar Gold Fields,Karnataka
- STD Code, Phone: 08153-260214
- Regional Transport Office,bailahongala (KA-24 )
- Asst.regional Transport Office, Bailahongala,
- Belgaum Dist.
- Bailahongala, Karnataka
- STD Code, Phone: 08288-233288
- Regional Transport Offices (RTO) In Karnataka Registration code and their City's
KA-29 Bagalkot; KA-24 Bailahongala; KA-01 Bangalore; KA-02 Bangalore; KA-03 Bangalore; KA-04 Bangalore; KA-05 Bangalore; KA-56 Basavakalyan; KA-22 Belgaum; KA-34 Bellary; KA-39 Bhalki; KA-38 Bidar; KA-28 Bijapur; KA-10 Chamrajnagar; KA-18 Chickmagalur; KA-40 Chikkaballapur; KA-23 Chikkodi; KA-16 Chitradurga; KA-17 Davangere; KA-43 Devanahalli; KA-25 Dharwad; KA-51 Electronics City; KA-26 Gadag; KA-49 Gokak; KA-32 Gulbarga; KA-13 Hassan; KA-27 Haveri; KA-47 Honnavar; KA-35 Hospet; KA-45 Hunsur; KA-48 Jamkhandi; KA-53 K R Puram; KA-30 Karwar; KA-07 Kolar; KA-08 Kolar Gold Fields; KA-37 Koppal; KA-12 Madikeri; KA-11 Mandya; KA-19 Mangalore; KA-55 Mysore East; KA-09 Mysore West; KA-54 Nagamangala; KA-52 Nelamangala; KA-21 Puttur Sullia; KA-36 Raichur; KA-41 Rajarajeshwari Nagar; KA-42 Ramanagara; KA-15 Sagara; KA-46 Sakleshpur; KA-14 Shimoga; KA-31 Sirsi; KA-44 Tiptur; KA-06 Tumkur; KA-20 Udupi; KA-33 Yadgir; KA-50 Yelahanka;
- Regional Transport Offices (RTO) In Karnataka Registration code and their office address
KA-01; RTO, Bangalore Central Regional Transport office, Bangalore central, Koramangala, BDA complex, 3-block, Bangalore-560 034
KA-02 RTO, Bangalore West Regional Transport office, Bangalore (West), Rajajinagar shopping Complex, Bangalore-10
KA-03 RTO, Bangalore East Regional Transport Officer, Bangalore (East), 2nd Floor, BDA Complex, Indiranagar, Bangalore-38
KA-04 RTO, Bangalore North Regional Transport office, Bangalore (North), 3rd Floor, Shopping Complex, Railway Station Road, Yeswanthapura, Bangalore-22
KA-05 RTO, Bangalore South Regional Transport Office, Bangalore (South), Jayanagar Shopping Complex, 4th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore-11
KA-06 RTO, Tumkur Regional Transport office, B.H.Road, Tumkur
KA-07 RTO, Kolar Regional Transport office, Goripet Main Road, Kolar.
KA-08 RTO, K G F Asst. Regional Transport office, Cormondal, K.G.F.
KA-09 RTO, Mysore West Regional Transport office, RTO Officer Building, Vanivilas Road, Near Haardwick High School, Mysore West.
KA-10 RTO, Chamarajanagar Regional Transport office, Near Railway Station Road, ChamarajNagar.
KA-11 RTO, Mandya Regional Transport office, Near Deputy Commissioners offrice, Mandya.
KA-12 RTO, Madikeri Regional Transport office, Sunny Side, General Thimmaiah Roadm Madeikeri.
KA-13 RTO, Hassan Regional Transport office, B.Kathihalli, Arasikere Road, Hassan.
KA-14 RTO, Shimoga Regional Transport office, Sowlang Road, Old D.C Office Compound, Shimoga-577201
KA-15 ARTO, Sagar Asst.Regional Transport office, No.25/46, Upstairs, New B.H.Road, Vinobha Nagar, Sagar, Shimoga Dist.
KA-16 RTO, Chitradurga Regional Transport office, NH-4, Deviation Road, Chitradurga.
KA-17 RTO, Davanagere Regional Transport office, Devaraj Urs Layout, Davanagere.
KA-18 RTO, Chikmaglur Regional Transport office, M.L.Vasudeva Murthy Building, Hosmane Extn, Chickmagalur.
KA-19 RTO, Mangalore Regional Transport Officer, Hampanakatte, Nehru Maidhan Road, East A.B.Shetty Circle, Mangalore.
KA-20 RTO, Udupi Regional Transport office, Padmasali Sabagraha kattada, Mulki Road, Adi Udupi, Udupi-576103
KA-21 RTO, Puttur Regional Transport office, Puttur, Dakshina Kannada District.
KA-22 RTO, Belgaum Regional Transport office, Sangolli Rayanna Circle, P.B.Road, RTO Office Compound, Shivanagar, Belgaum-590 016
KA-23 RTO, Chikkodi Regional Transport office, Mahalingapura Road, Mahaveeranagar Extn, Chikkodi, Belgam Dist.
KA-24 ARTO, Bailahongal Asst.Regional Transport office, Bailahongala, Belgaum Dist.
KA-25 RTO, Dharwar Regional Transport office, Naavanagar Post, Hubli-Dharwad Road, Dharwad.
KA-26 RTO, Gadag Regional Transport office, 3739,Jodamaruthi Temple Street, Hubli-Dharwad Road, Gadag-582 101.
KA-27 RTO, Haveri Regional Transport Officer, No.2548, M.S.Kurubagonda Building, Hukkerimatt Road, Haveri.
KA-28 RTO, Bijapur Regional Transport office, Bagalkot Road, Bijapur.
KA-29 RTO, Bagalkot Regional Transport office, Station Road Extention Area, Navanagar, Bagalkot-577 101
KA-30 RTO, Karwar Regional Transport office, Near PWD Inspection Bungalow, Karwar-581 301
KA-31 RTO, Sirsi Regional Transport office, Choukimutt Road, Sirsi, Uttara Kannada.
KA-32 RTO, Gulbarga Regional Transport office, Rjapur Cross, Sedam Road, Gulbarga-585 105
KA-33 RTO, Yadgiri Regional Transport office, Near KSRTC Bus Depot, Station Area, Yadagiri.
KA-34 RTO, Bellary Regional Transport office, Bellary-Hospet Road, Contonment, Bellary
KA-35 RTO, Hospet Regional Transport office, No.180, Near Harihara Road, Amaravathi, Hospet-583 201 KA-36
RTO, Raichur Regional Transport office, Near KSRTC Depot, Mantralaya Road, Raichur.
KA-37 RTO, Koppal Regional Transport office, APMC Yaard, Koppal.
KA-38 RTO, Bidar Regional Transport Office, Near Airforce Gate, Bidar-585 401
KA-39 ARTO, Bhalki Asst, Regional Transport office, Near I.B, Gunj Area, Bhalki, Bidar Dist.
KA-40 RTO, Chickaballapur Regional Transport office, Bangalore Road, Chikkaballapura.
KA-41 RTO, Jnanabharathi Regional Transport office, 26/2, 27/2, Kenchenahalli Grama, Jnanabharati, RVCE Post, Mysore Road, Bangalore.
KA-42 RTO, Ramanagar Regional Transport office, Near Ghousia College, Mysore Road, Ramanagara
KA-43 ARTO, Devanahally Asst, Regional Transport office, Vijayapura Road, Devenahalli
KA-44 ARTO, Tiptur Asst, Regional Transport office, Revenue Dept. Employees Society Building, Honnavara Road, Tiptur
KA-45 ARTO, Hunsur Asst.Regional Transport office, Cauvery Irrigation Nigama, No.1, HRBC Building, Hunsur.
KA-46 ARTO, Sakaleshpura Asst. Regional Transport office, Balegaddhe, Raghavendra Nagar, B.M.Road, N.H.48, Sakaleshpura, Hassan Dist.
KA-47 ARTO, Honnavar Asst.Regional Transport office, V.G.Pai Building, Ganapathi Tower, No.1267, Near N.H.7, Honnavara-Kumata Road, Honnavara.
KA-48 ARTO, Jamkhandi Asst.Regional Transport office, Sri Deepak Basavaraj Katagi's Building, L.T.S. No.4941, APMC Yard, Jamakhandi.Bagalkot Dist.
KA-49 ARTO, Gokak Asst.Regional Transport office, Gokak, Belgaum Dist.
KA-50 RTO, Yalahanka Regional Transport office, 2019A, Ist Floor, 3rd Cross, Karantaka Housing Board Commercial Complex, Sector-B, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore.
KA-51 RTO, Electronics City Regional Transport office, Eelctronic City, 83/63, New Central Jail Road, Opp: New MICO Ltd, Chennakeshava Nagar, Bangalore.
KA-52 RTO, Nelamangala Regional Transport office, 1906, 9th Cross, Subash Road, Nelamangala, Bangalore.
KA-53 RTO, Krishnarajapuram Regional Transport office, 345/4, Bhattarahalli, Old Madras Road, K.R.Puram, Bangalore.
KA-54 ARTO, Nagamangala Asst.Regional Transport office, Nagamangala, Mandya Dist.
KA-55 RTO, Mysore East Regional Transport office, Mysore East, RTO Office Building, Vani Vilas Road, Near Hardwick School, Mysore.
KA-56 ARTO, Basavakalayana Asst.Regional Transport office, Basavakalyana, Sastapura Bangare, NH9, Basavakalyana.
KA-57 RTO, A/R&STU (KA57) Regional Transport office, STU and Autorikshaws, Shanthinagar, BANGALORE 560027
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
- No Driving Test in Obtaining Learner License
- Learner License does not give one authority to drive independently the vehicle. But - it allows one to drive vehicle in supervision of any friend, relative or person who holds a valid driving license and should accompany the learner during driving.
- Also, there is no online process to get Learner and Permanent Driving License issued online in India - one has to compulsory visit RTO for the same However, one can make request application online for appointment and can even submit learner license application online in Karnataka
A Learner’s Licence is essential for obtaining a Permanent Licence.
More information which might help people.