Gujarat - How to obtain a Domicile Certificate
A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.
- Indian citizen holding land in Gujarat are eligible to avail the service.
- Women not originally belonging to a State/UT, but married to men who are permanent residents of the State/UT are eligible to apply for Domicile Certificate.
Ads by Google
- Concerned Deparment
Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Office of the Tehsildar
Domicile Certificate can be made only in one State/UT. Obtaining Domicile Certificate from more than one State/UT is an offence.
- Application form
The application for Domicile certificate can be downloaded from the following link http://www.downloadformsindia.com/Gujarat/gujarat-application-for-domicile-certificate-revenue.html?task=view
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
The prescribed application forms are either available online or from the local authorities, i.e. the Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Tehsildar’s office/Revenue Department/District Collector’s Office, or any other authority as specified in the State/UT of your residence.
You will be required to produce proof of continuous residence in the State/UT for a specified minimum period, or that of holding land in the State/UT, depending on the rules in the State/UT concerned.
Documents for proving your identity, attestation of the form by officers with the necessary authority, school certificates and the Tehsil Enquiry Report may also be required.
Ads by Google
You will need following documents if you want to apply for a Domicile Certificate
- Proof that you have been resident of the state for minimum period that is specified by the state.
- Proof that you are an owner of land in that state
- Valid identification proof
- School certificates
- Tehsil inquiry report
Rupees three ticket as court fee.
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The process is usually completed within a week's time.
- Collector & District Magistrate
Collector Office, B/S RTO Office, Subhash Bridge,
Ahmedabad - 380027
Phone : +(91)-(79)-27561970, 27561971, 27561972, 27561973, 27561974, 27561975, 27561976, 27561977
- Sub Divisional Magistrate, Tharad
Email-Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
- District Collector Office (Surat)
Phone(O): 0261-2471121, 2472471
Mobile: 99784 06222 Phone(R): 0261-2669080, 2669580
- District Collector Office (Vadodara)
Phone(O): 2433000, 2423100 Mobile: 9978406224
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
Enter other informations which might help
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.