Bihar - Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate
A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred.
- Indian citizen holding land in Bihar are eligible to avail the service
- Women not originally belonging to a State/UT, but married to men who are permanent residents of the State/UT are eligible to apply for Domicile Certificate.
Ads by Google
- Concerned Authority
The Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Tehsil office, Revenue Department.
Domicile Certificate can be made only in one State/UT. Obtaining Domicile Certificate from more than one State/UT is an offence.
- Application Form
The application form can be downloaded from the following link http://www.indg.in/e-governance/forms/bihar/domicile-certificate-bihar.pdf/view
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- CSC (Common Service Centres) help public to obtain Resident/Domicile Certificates, You could find your nearest CSC centre by using the following link : CSC Locations.
- Please make sure you have all the necessary documents that are listed under "Required Documents" section which could help you in getting things done earlier fashion.
- Use the following link to obtain your Resident/Domicile certificate online. Resident/Domicile Certificate Link.
- Click on link "Apply On-line".
- You would be presented with the next screen where you will be provided with content to read and after reading it, click on "I Agree".
- You would be requested to provide your mobile number and after doing that you have to click on next.
- In the next page you will be prompted to enter the verification code that has been sent to your mobile number that you have provided. After entering the verification code click enter.
- After entering all the necessary information that was requested you have click on "I Agree" and Submit to move to next step.
- Once submitted successfully you will be provided with an unique Application ID which you have to save it for future reference. This ID can be used to check the status of your application through SMS or through on-line.
- You would have to be there in person to receive you certificate with government provided ID proof.
The prescribed application forms are either available on-line or from the local authorities, i.e. the Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Tehsildar’s office/Revenue Department/District Collector’s Office, or any other authority as specified in the State/UT of your residence.
You will be required to produce proof of continuous residence in the State/UT for a specified minimum period, or that of holding land in the State/UT, depending on the rules in the State/UT concerned.
Ads by Google
You will need following documents if you want to apply for a Domicile Certificate
- Residence proof such as ration card,voter id card,passport,water or electricity bill,house tax receipt etc.
- 2 recent passport size photograph
- School certificates
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Validity of domicile certificate is only six month and need to update it.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The process is usually completed within a week's time.
Find your nearest CSC Office Locations : CSC Locations
Sub Divisional Magistrate ,GOPALGANJ - 06156 - 230887,230681
Sub Divisional Magistrate ,HATHUA - 06156 223062,231898
Sub divisional Magistrate, Sasaram - 06184-222053
Sub divisional Magistrate, Bikramganj - 06185-222538
Sub divisional Magistrate, Dehri - 06184-251778
S D M,Marhowrah - 06159-231212
S D M, Sadar Chhapra - 06152-232315
District Magistrate, Patna - 0612 - 2219545 (O),0612 - 2219097 (R),0612 - 2219383 (R),0612 - 2218900 (Fax),E-mail Address: email@example.com
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
Enter other informations which might help
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.